Select any photo below for a better view.
- Brief History of Our Parish
- Pastors of OLG
- Sons of the Parish
- Prayer of Thanksgiving
- 1949 - Mission parish of St. John the Evangelist in Indianapolis established in Greenwood with 40 families.
- 1950 - Our Lady of the Greenwood Queen of the Holy Rosary Church dedicated.
- 1955 - Our Lady becomes an official parish and Father Richard Mueller is named the first pastor with 160 families. Staffed by the Sisters of Providence, the school opens with 167 students.
- 1958 - The convent is built and the Sisters move out of the school where they have resided for three years.
- 1959 - Seven classrooms and offices added to the school.
- 1973 - Fr. Paul Schoettelkotte and Fr. Edwin Soergel are appointed co-pastors.
- 1976 - Madonna Hall is built.
- 1980 - Fr. Joseph Riedman is named pastor.
- 1987 - New addition to the school is completed.
- 1993 - Fr. Harold Knueven is appointed pastor.
- 1998 - New church seating over 1000 is dedicated.
- 2003 -Msgr. Mark Svarczkopf is appointed pastor and ground is broken for the addition of the Family Life Center.
- 2006 - Madonna Hall redecorated.
- 2010 - Old convent (which was being used as the parish office) was converted to a convent for the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. A new parish office was built in the basement of the church.
- 2013 - New rectory built.
- 2018 - New Parking Lot finished
Father Richard Mueller (Deceased)
- Associate Pastors serving with Father Mueller
- 1959-1961 Fr. Herman Lutz
- 1961-1963 Fr. Francis Tuohy (Deceased)
- 1963-1964 Fr. Clifford Vogelsang
- 1964-1965 Fr. Steve Hay
- 1965-1969 Fr. James Wilmoth
- 1969-1971 Fr. Tom Widner (Deceased)
- 1969-1973 Fr. James Bonke
Father Paul Schoettelkotte
Father Edwin Soergel
Associate Pastors serving Fathers Schoettelkotte and Soergel
1978-1983 Father Nick Dant
Father Joseph Riedman
Associate Pastors serving with Father Riedman
- 1980-1983 Fr. Nick Dant
- 1983-1986 Fr. Joseph Rautenberg
- 1983-1986 Fr. Paul Koetter "In Residence"
- 1986-1989 Fr. Steve Donahue
- 1989-1991 Fr. Mike Kelly
- 1991-1994 Fr. Bernie Cox
Msgr. Harold Knueven
Associate Pastors serving with Monsignor Knueven
- 1993-1994 Fr. Bernie Cox
- 1993 Fr. Samuel Weber
- 1994-1995 Fr. Vince Lampert
- 1995-1997 Fr. James Bonke (Sacr. Asst.)
- 1997-1998 Fr. Kenneth Ciano (deceased)
- 1998-1999 Fr. Jack Emrich
- 1999-2002 Fr. Darvin Winters
- 2000-2003 Fr. Mauro Rodas (Retired)
Msgr. Mark Svarczkopf
Associate Pastors serving with Monsignor Svarczkopf
- 2003-2005 Fr. Alvin Fong Ben
- 2003-2006 Fr. Jonathan Meyer
- 2003-to present Fr. Mauro Rodas (Retired)
- 2006-2007 Fr. Joseph Brown
- 2007-2009 Fr. Rick Nagel
- 2007-2011 Fr. Don Quinn (Deceased)
- 2013-2014 Fr Pat Beidelman "In Residence"
- 2014-2015 Fr. Francis Joseph Kalapurackal
- 2015-2017 Fr. Mike Keucher
- 2017-2019 Fr. Tony Hollowell
Deacons serving with Monsignor Svarczkopf
- 2008-2013 Deacon David Henn
- 2017-current Deacon Reynaldo Nava
Fr. Todd Goodson
2019 to Present
Associate Pastors serving with Fr. Goodson
- 2019 to present Fr. Vinny Gillmore
- 2019 to present Fr. Mauro Rodas (Retired)
Deacons serving with Fr. Goodson
- 2019 to present Deacon Reynaldo Nava
- Father John Hall
- Father Jeffery Kirch, C.PP.S.
- Father Joe Newton
- Father Dustin Boehm
- Father Ben Syberg
- Father Andy Syberg
- Deacon Joe Beauchamp
- Deacon Nate Schallert
Lord God, Thank you for all priests and permanent deacons. We know they do not seek or desire recognition for the Priesthood / Diaconate you have chosen them for, yet it is to you we wish to give thanks for calling them to guide and nourish our parish during the years of our existence. We ask you to bless them, wherever they are now, for providing the Eucharist for us--our "Food for the Journey"--and for proclaiming "The Good News" with conviction and enthusiasm at Our Lady of the Greenwood Queen of the Holy Rosary.
Grant them the joy experienced on their Ordination Day all the days of their lives and look kindly upon them as they strive to do your will. Bless them abundantly, care for them tenderly, and above all, let them feel the love and appreciation we have for them. We ask this through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.