We are accepting applications for a Facilities Manager.
If interested please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aceptamos solicitudes para un gerente de las instalaciones. Si está interesado, envíe un currículum vitae a email@example.com
Our Lady of the greenwood
- IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Position Title: Facilities Manager
Status: Full time, 12 month, Non-exempt
Reports to: Business Manager as supervisor
- PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION
Oversees all maintenance to the Buildings and Grounds of our entire Parish complex. Provide routine maintenance including semi-skilled carpentry, plumbing, electrical and other minor repair work. Working with the Facilities and Grounds Committee, oversees vendors and vendor costs who provide services outside of the scope of in-house repairs and maintenance including HVAC, Plumbers, Electricians, Housekeeping and Grounds Keeping services.
Supervising the custodial staff to ensure that the buildings are kept clean and that all meeting rooms are set-up for parish activities.
Grounds work may include pruning, ice and snow removal and general clean-up with grounds equipment.
- POSITION CONTENT
- Conduct regular inspection of all parish facilities for repair and maintenance needs and recommend repairs. Establish and maintain equipment life cycle log to enable forecasting of repairs and replacement.
- Inform Business Manager of any repairs needed to be completed by a professional company.
- Develop work order system to respond to work requests from parish staff and to maintain a list of projects for parish maintenance.
- Attend Buildings and Grounds Committee meetings; assist this committee on an “as needed” basis.
- Check outside buildings for damage, litter and/or conditions of general deterioration.
- Maintain all maintenance supplies in conjunction with the custodial staff.
- Provide setup and cleaning of facilities for evening or weekend activities as needed.
- Serve as a parish generalist in the area of maintenance and have a willingness to perform other maintenance requests not mentioned here.
- Working with the Buildings and Grounds Committee, recommend and monitor the budget for parish maintenance.
- Accept responsibility in other phases of parish maintenance and facilities as assigned by the Pastor.
- Meets weekly with the Business Manager to discuss priorities and upcoming contracts
- POSITION SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Must have basic knowledge or electricity, plumbing, carpentry, wiring, heating and cooling and masonry.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills with staff and outside contractors.
- Must be able to present him or herself in a professional manner.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize time.
- Must have ability to perform outlined tasks.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work effectively with other maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Must notify the Business Manager and Principal 2 weeks prior to taking vacation time.
- On-call availability is required.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to climate changes, uncomfortable temperature and fumes.
- Works with machinery and equipment requiring considerable caution.
- Frequent standing and lifting 10lbs. – 100lbs.
- Non-smoking facilities.