We are accepting applications for a Communications Coordinator. Bilingual speaking person preferred. If interested please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aceptamos solicitudes para un Coordinador de comunicaciones. Se prefiere una persona bilingüe. Si está interesado, envíe un currículum vitae a email@example.com
Our Lady of the Greenwood
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Status: Full time
Reports to: Business Manager
To work with the pastor, staff, committee leaders and congregation in efforts to communicate and interpret the mission and ministry of the parish primarily through website, email, social media, graphic arts and print media. Responsible for organizing and directing efforts to involve volunteers in parish programs and services.
- Prepare and send the weekly bulletin – point of contact for ministries
- Website coordinator – works in coordination with web developer
- Maintains calendar of events
- Updates phone message on answering machine when needed/check front desk phone for messages every morning in office
- Creates weekly pulpit announcements
- Communicates parish meeting/events/collections
- Manages Flocknotes including adding new parishioners and sending messages
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Stewardship and Time & Talent renewal.
- Servers as liaison with the Archdiocese for Criterion and Directory updates
Volunteer & Safe Parish Coordinator
- Coordinator of the Safe Parish program as required by the Archdiocese
- Ensures that all priests, deacons, employees of parishes, schools and agencies of the archdiocese, and volunteers who have contact with children have completed the training prior to their first day of employment, service or ministry
- Manages the PDS database with the current Safe Parish and Background check information
- Sends notes of appreciation and recognition as appropriate
- Ordering supplies and other liturgical items as needed
- Types correspondence, files, answers phones and doorbell, and makes copies as needed
- Prepare bulk and regular mailings
- Pick up mail from mailbox and distribute, mail outgoing mail – update the postage meter and adds funds when needed
- Trains receptionists
- Petty Cash coordinator
- Assist the Pastor, Business Manager and Office Manager with duties when needed
Parish Census Record Keeping
- Registers new parishioners
- Maintains parish census database
- Manage offering envelope program
- Provide all non-financial information for the Annual Archdiocesan Report
- Oversees mass intention program
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Have a strong technical background, good leadership and communication skills.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Keep current on creative, communication and technological trends and look for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with key audiences.
- Must possess strong computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Publisher and Adobe products preferred.
- Proficient in social media and email programs.
Education, Training & Experience
- Proficiency with PC software and internet, knowledge of Publisher, Power Point and all basic office equipment is required.
- Recent experience in communications management.
- A 40-hour work week involving weekends and evenings.