Monday, 5 18 2020: Moving into Phase 2
Greetings Our Lady of Greenwood!
Tomorrow is the day we are beginning Phase two of our gradual re-entry into the Church. We are excited to be able to have the Church available for Mass and to be able to receive the Eucharist. Let’s begin with our three reminders:
1) The Sunday obligation is dispensed until the feast of the Assumption on August 15th. This means that you can attend Mass but you are under no obligation to do so. Please be safe. If you are over the age of 65, feel sick, or have a pre-existing health condition please do not attend Mass or services at this time. If you have tested positive for COVID -19 or have symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come to church until you are released to do so by a health professional. Remember these guidelines are not just for your own safety but for the safety of other people around you.
2) These plans will contain a lot of trial and error. Please be patient as we figure out what works best for our community and make improvements. Consistent and constant cleaning of the Church is the key to keeping it open. Please be attentive to washing your hands, bringing sanitizer, wearing masks when possible. It will be very helpful if you are prepared to assist with cleaning between Masses from time to time and making sure you have sanitizer with you for you and your family (if possible). Please help clean if you can and get on our schedule by contacting Amy Kalscheur at 317 786 3629 or email her at email@example.com
Here is the plan for Phase 2:
1) Tuesday May 19: 5:45pm Bi-lingual Mass in the Main Church. This Mass will be live streamed, however…be patient we will be using new equipment and may have to work out a few things before we are fully ready.
2) Wednesday May 20th until further notice: Continue with normal daily Mass and Confession times.
– All Masses will be held in Main Church
– All Masses will continue to be live streamed
– 7:30am Mass will be in English, 5:45pm Mass will be bi-lingual (English with Gospel and Homily in Spanish and English)
– Confessions will be in the main entrance of the school and return to normal daily times of 8am-9am and 6:15pm – 7:15pm daily.
– During this phase we will not have the Church open for prayer and devotion, only Mass and Confessions. We plan to try to open the Church for prayer and devotion at a later time. We just need to make sure we have a good plan in place for Masses.
A quick note about the Masses:
In order for us to follow the state and Archdiocesan guidelines for social distancing the maximum capacity for the Church is 185 people. If you arrive for Mass and we are already at capacity seating you will not be able to attend Mass in the Church. However, you have a couple of options:
1) Come back for Mass later in the day or the next day.
2) Wait in your car, watch the Mass on your phone, and when Mass is over we will bring you communion. Please let someone know you are doing this, so we know to bring you communion.
Remember for the time being you are dispensed from the obligation to attend. We want you to come if it is safe for you to do so, but you do not have to.
Looking forward to being with you and let’s continue our prayers for an end to the coronavirus pandemic.