Greetings Our Lady of Greenwood!
This weekend we are celebrating our patroness Our Lady, Queen of the Rosary. See the bulletin and website for details, but a here are a few highlights
- Saturday Mass will be outdoors in the school parking lot followed by a picnic and social. On Sunday we will follow the normal Mass schedule with a rosary procession around the campus following a bi-lingual 12:00pm Mass. After the 5:00pm Sunday Mass we will have a Holy Hour for Life, praying for an increase in respect for human life from conception until natural death. Then, during the week, we will have three talks and an ice cream social following our Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday Masses. The topics will by prayer, vocation, and evangelization and Fr. Vinny will offer the talks in Spanish in Madonna Hall and I will be in the Church offering the talks in English.
Hope to see you there! The talks will be live streamed and so will all of the Masses, with the exception of the 5:30pm Mass on Saturday evening.
A few other random things…
- Masses are now live streamed on YouTube in addition to Facebook. You can subscribe to the channel by clicking here OLG Youtube or just go to YouTube and type in “Our Lady of Greenwood” to get to our channel.
- We had a meeting this week and are accepting bids for a new roof for the Church which has to be done in the next year or two. Once we accept a bid in consultation with our buildings and ground committee and our parish and finance council we will proceed with the project. It is possible we may have to do some additional fundraising for the project but I will let you know when the time comes.
- We are in the process of hiring a director of Youth and Young Adult Evangelization and have begun advertising for the position. There is a group of parishioners who are assisting me with this as a hiring committee and we are now accepting applications. We are taking our time with the project to make sure we hire a person who is right for our parish but we do hope to have somebody hired before the end of the year.
- Finally, as we approach the fall and flu season we are going to be publishing a list of guidelines for attending Mass here in case there are questions. Reminder that we are asking that you please where a mask for Sunday Masses and for meetings where social distance is not possible. For those who are unable to mask for health or other reasons our weekday 5:45pm Mass is available for you. On November 1st we will adjust depending on what the Archdiocese tells us regarding the Sunday obligation.
God Bless and thanks for all of your prayer and support for our parish!