Applications are being accepted through October 23, 2020. A resume and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com.
Director of Youth and Young Adult Evangelization
Title: Director of Youth and Young Adult Evangelization
Status: Full Time – Exempt 12 months
Reports to: Pastor
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Evangelization is responsible for the proclamation of the Gospel to youth, young adults, and their families in a community of English and Spanish speakers. He or she is responsible for helping young people, especially ages 12-17 and 18 – 35, encounter Christ in the Catholic Church and the vocation that God has called them to. This person will help young people proclaim the good news in their local community. The director will create opportunities for building relationships, especially a relationship with Jesus Christ. He or she will need to be attentive to different language groups and their corresponding cultures, especially English and Spanish.
Area A: Ministry Responsibilities
- Empowers young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Assists youth and young adults in vocation discernment.
- Helps those who are distant from the Church to encounter Christ in the life of the Church and in a personal relationship with Him.
- Draws young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
- Supports families of youth (ages 12-17) in the ongoing formation of their children.
Area B: Relational Ministry Responsibilities
- Consistently and actively reaches out to a variety of youth and young adults. Is in conversation with several youth and young adults daily.
- Is actively involved in middle schools, high schools, local colleges, trade schools, and universities. Is attentive to young adults who are not attending college.
- Implements the programs of the Office of Youth Ministry, the Office of Young Adult and College Campus Ministry, and the Office of Evangelization for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
- Seeks persons who are distant from the Church and help them to encounter Christ.
- Creates activities that promote prayer and sharing Christ and the Good News of the Gospel.
Area C: Leadership Development Responsibilities
- Develops and provides formation for a team of disciples to pray with and assist with ministry.
- Develops leaders in this age group to participate in the ministries of the parish and the Greenwood community.
Area D: Spiritual and Professional Development
- Participates in an annual retreat.
- Participates in at least one professional enrichment or educational opportunity a year.
- Participates in activities and utilizes resources of the Office of Youth Ministry, the Office of Young Adult and College Campus Ministry, and the Office of Evangelization.
Area E: Administration:
- Establishes and maintains a budget, as well as identifies budgetary needs and fund requests.
- Attends parish staff meetings.
- Keeps and maintains a calendar.
- Cooperates with the South Deanery and Archdiocesan youth leaders and programs that are offered.
Area A: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Is a practicing Catholic who has a daily routine of prayer, attends Sunday Mass, and is in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church.
- Is outgoing and highly interested in helping people encounter Christ.
- Is familiar with the vocations of the Catholic Church (Baptismal Call, Marriage, Priesthood, Religious Life).
Area B: Education, Training and Experience:
- A four-year degree in Catholic theology and/or five years experience in a Catholic ministry related field.
- A working knowledge of the Scriptures and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Fluency in English and in Spanish is preferred.
40 – hour work week that will include evenings and weekends.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org